I finally have to admit that, as much as I want to, I can't fully catch up with what everyone on here has written since I last was caught up (aka October 2025...). Not if I want to have a chance to read what people currently are posting.
Thus, if I leave a comment on one of your recent posts that feels out-of-touch with a huge life event you've gone through, I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance. I'm doing my best to skim-read what everyone's been up to, buuuut it's very possible I'll miss things. π
My health has been in the trash all of March and April due to allergies, asthma and back-problems (old slipped discs that never fully healed right). I've at last reached a balance of new meds that seem to be doing the trick, but I've now got a huge backlog of...well, life π
What I've neglected the most is my writing. I have this huge urge to write, but I have so many projects that I haven't touched in far too long, so I don't know where to start. And I definitely won't finish line-editing A Werewolf in October this year, which sucks.
On a more positive note, here are fun things that have happened or are happening:
Hope the start of May has been treating everyone well π
Thus, if I leave a comment on one of your recent posts that feels out-of-touch with a huge life event you've gone through, I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance. I'm doing my best to skim-read what everyone's been up to, buuuut it's very possible I'll miss things. π
My health has been in the trash all of March and April due to allergies, asthma and back-problems (old slipped discs that never fully healed right). I've at last reached a balance of new meds that seem to be doing the trick, but I've now got a huge backlog of...well, life π
What I've neglected the most is my writing. I have this huge urge to write, but I have so many projects that I haven't touched in far too long, so I don't know where to start. And I definitely won't finish line-editing A Werewolf in October this year, which sucks.
On a more positive note, here are fun things that have happened or are happening:
- D&D tonight! The two D&D campaigns I'm running are still going strong (if with long breaks at times) and tonight the Dragonkeepers will (hopefully) be setting sail for the continent of Wildemount π₯³
- I've caught up with both Critical Role and Witch Hat Atelier (the manga version - I'll be watching the anime episodes available next weekend when my sister visits) and all I can say is "AAAAAAAH!!!!" (affectionate) π
- Tori Amos released a new album and it's making me feel very nostalgic π
- I'm back to running! Only 2km a run as of yet, but going from 0 to that with my asthma feels pretty great still.
- Tomorrow a friend is taking me out to dinner and a movie π We're going to see Project Hail Mary, which I'm really looking forward to!
Hope the start of May has been treating everyone well π
Tags:
no subject
(We had an Exalted session yesterday, I love role-playing games)
I haven't seen the Project Hail Mary movie but I enjoyed the book and i'm happy to see so many people enjoying the story.
Otherwise, I hope the asthma and allergies get better!
no subject
The campaign we're playing tonight (Dragonkeepers) has been going since February 2018 and is set in an alternate timeline of the Critical Role universe. The party is now level 15 and we're approaching the "end game" stage (though at our pace that will likely take a few more years to finish π). We also have another, fully homebrewed campaign on hold that we're calling Ariath. One of our players needed to take an extended break from playing D&D, so the rest of us started up Ariath 2022-2023. That game is about a world where magical storms suddenly appeared and vanished 9/10th of the population. When our missing player came back (and made a character for Ariath) we jumped back to finish Dragonkeepers before going further with Ariath.
I'm spoiled with several of my players in that group being artists, so there's a ton of art on our Discord server of both the player characters and NPCs. A lot of it was viewable for everyone on places like Twitter before AI scraping became such a problem, but now most of it's been taken down (curse you AI-thieves!). There are two group pictures still up (one of the Dragonkeepers and one of the Ariath group) and my sister has an old picture of her character up on her Tumblr).
The other group I'm DMing is "Jaggatt", another fully homebrew campaign where the players are less online, so I think I've talked more about the plot of that one. Quick summary: all the Gods died and the party has to save the universe by creating new gods while also stopping horrific potential gods from the future from bringing about their own birth via time travel. It's a wonderful mess π
Haven't tried Exalted myself, but it looks like fun! Are you in a campaign or are you playing oneshots/shorter adventures?
I've heard many good things about both the book and the movie, so I'm hyped for tomorrow!
And thank you, I need all the good health-vibes I can get π
no subject
no subject
no subject
https://toriamos.bandcamp.com/album/in-times-of-dragons
no subject